We do not provide physical textbooks or PDF copies of textbooks (eBooks). If you choose to purchase the physical textbook, you may do so at your own expense.
Pharmacology for the Remote MedicLearn what medications are beneficial for working in a remote or austere environment.
For paramedics, remote medics and expedition medics who need to develop head knowledge and hand knowledge of Over the Counter (OTC) and Prescription Only Medications (POM) that they may see whilst working in the Middle East, on oil rigs, transit vessels and remote clinics worldwide. This course provides an excellent background of knowledge on the most common drugs encountered by those who manage and treat adults in remote settings.
- Introduction to Pharmacology
- Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacodynamics and Drug Metabolism
- Classification of Drugs
- Introduction to Over-the-Counter Drugs
- Drugs for Altitude
- Drugs for Tropical Diseases
- Hydration, Fluid and Electrolyte Balance
- Case Studies for Remote Medics
See a sample of the first lecture
Click on the image above to view a slide show from Google Slides.
There are seven chapter quizzes, ten case study quizzes and one online final exam. Pass rate for all quizzes and exams are 80%. In order to receive CPD credit all examinations must be completed. Each exam can be taken multiple times and are open book.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking for general facts and figures about this course, click the “+” symbol (below, right) to expand all sections to show full answers.
If you are looking for one particular topic, try the search box.
- This course is a distance learning course and takes place entirely in our custom-built online learning environment.
- Lectures and exams are online and upon successful completion a certificate is awarded.
Merit Training completion certificate.
- Access to our online learning environment
- Monitored tutoring
As this is an online only course, there is no time limit to register. You can sign up any time.
CoROM (College of Remote and Offshore Medics)
Questions and persons whom to contact directly at Merit Training:
- Registrations/Finance: email@example.com
- Course content: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical Placements: email@example.com
General Payment Terms:
- An electronic invoice is issued and this enables you to make payments by credit card or PayPal.
- Alternatively, it allows you to conveniently send us a message about payment by bank transfer.
Making a payment:
- Locate the ‘Pay Now’ button at the top right of the invoice page.
- When clicking on it, you will be given three different options:
1. Pay with Card: Secure credit card payment through STRIPE.
2. PayPal: You will be redirected to PayPal’s website for payment.
3. Bank transfer, wire transfer, BACS or EURO cheques: Our preferred method of payment, especially for amounts over € 500.
- How it works:
Use your online banking facility to make a payment. Alternatively, you go to your bank and organise a bank transfer or wire transfer. You can also send a cheque or postal order, but these need to be in EURO.
- Include your name or your invoice number when making payment.
- When that is done, go back to the notification email for this invoice and re-open it in your browser.
- Select this payment option and enter the amount and the date. (No need to enter Check/PO or Reference Number.) - Submit this note. -This will let us know to expect your payment.
- When the payment shows up on our end, we will send you a notification message.
General Notes and Bank Details:
- Bank transfer (also known as wire transfer or BACS) is our preferred method for receiving payment.
- All payment charges for international bank transfers should be shared equally between sender and receiver (choose appropriate setting when setting up bank transfer)
Merit Training Ltd. Bank Details
Account Number: 40022908454
Bank address: Bank of Valletta plc, 58, Zachary Street, Valletta, Malta
All our invoices are in EURO and only payment in this currency can be accepted.