We do not provide physical textbooks or PDF copies of textbooks (eBooks). If you choose to purchase the physical textbook, you may do so at your own expense.
Minor Illnesses CourseLearn how to assess and manage minor illnesses seen in a remote or austere environment.
For paramedics, remote medics and expedition medics who need to develop head knowledge and hand knowledge of minor illnesses that they may see whilst working in the Middle East, on oil rigs, transit vessels and remote clinics worldwide. This course provides an excellent background of knowledge on the most common presenting illnesses and conditions encountered by those who manage and treat adults in remote settings.
Sample Topics Covered
Fever and flu-like illness
Ear, Nose and Throat
Common Cough and red flags
Skin rash assessment and management
Abdomen and Gastrointestinal problems
Respiratory Tract Infection
Pharmacological options for Minor Illness
Shortness of Breath and red flags
Hands on Clinical Skills Training
There are options for hands on training in an A&E following this course. Locations include: United Kingdom, Estonia, Malta, Moldova and South Africa. There is more information on our Clinical Placements page.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you are looking for general facts and figures about this course, click the “+” symbol (below, right) to expand all sections to show full answers.
If you are looking for one particular topic, try the search box.
- This course is a distance learning course and takes place entirely in our custom-built online learning environment.
- Lectures and exams are online and upon successful completion a certificate is awarded.
Merit Training completion certificate.
- Access to our online learning environment
- Monitored tutoring
As this is an online only course, there is no time limit to register. You can sign up any time.
Accredited through CoROM
The prerequisite requirement for this course is medical training to the level of
Paramedic or Nurse or Doctor.
Questions and persons whom to contact directly at Merit Training:
- Registrations/Finance: email@example.com
- Course content: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clinical Placements: email@example.com
General Payment Terms:
- An electronic invoice is issued and this enables you to make payments by credit card or PayPal.
- Alternatively, it allows you to conveniently send us a message about payment by bank transfer.
Making a payment:
- Locate the ‘Pay Now’ button at the top right of the invoice page.
- When clicking on it, you will be given three different options:
1. Pay with Card: Secure credit card payment through STRIPE.
2. PayPal: You will be redirected to PayPal’s website for payment.
3. Bank transfer, wire transfer, BACS or EURO cheques: Our preferred method of payment, especially for amounts over € 500.
- How it works:
Use your online banking facility to make a payment. Alternatively, you go to your bank and organise a bank transfer or wire transfer. You can also send a cheque or postal order, but these need to be in EURO.
- Include your name or your invoice number when making payment.
- When that is done, go back to the notification email for this invoice and re-open it in your browser.
- Select this payment option and enter the amount and the date. (No need to enter Check/PO or Reference Number.) - Submit this note. -This will let us know to expect your payment.
- When the payment shows up on our end, we will send you a notification message.
General Notes and Bank Details:
- Bank transfer (also known as wire transfer or BACS) is our preferred method for receiving payment.
- All payment charges for international bank transfers should be shared equally between sender and receiver (choose appropriate setting when setting up bank transfer)
Merit Training Ltd. Bank Details
Account Number: 40022908454
Bank address: Bank of Valletta plc, 58, Zachary Street, Valletta, Malta
All our invoices are in EURO and only payment in this currency can be accepted.